Long story short
The Publishing House of the University of Lower Silesia is neither a world famous publisher nor a major bookstore. But for sure they are ambitious and very open to the possibilities that e-publishing presents. A standard bookstore with shelves full of old-fashioned books? Not with DSW!
Together with the advertising agency Blue Papaya we have designed and implemented a reader-friendly online ebook store. The agency took care of the user interface design and we took care of the technical side and user experience. Preview the content in a convenient, Amazon-like way, place an order in a few clicks, pay for it online and have it delivered to your email in seconds, specially prepared for you and signed with a digital watermark.
- WN DSW is an online university bookstore containing the publications of Scientific Publishing House of the University of Lower Silesia.
- Offering both traditional and electronic books and publications. The DSW store stands out with its fresh design and well planned UX with Amazon-like ebook preview. The web store is convenient in usage both for potential readers and the Publishing House employees.
- Readers will surely notice an intuitive book catalog, and convenient order placement together with online payments. Publishers will appreciate the digital watermark mechanisms securing the e-books and the automated delivery process.
- Technical and functional design.
- Cooperation with graphical designers.
- Implementation of online bookstore:
- Basket and order placement.
- Amazon-like book ebook preview.
- Automated delivery of ebooks.
- Digital watermark and personalization of ebooks.
- Ebooks conversion between formats (Calibre).
- Administration panel for Publisher.
- Integration with online payments.
- User experience design.
- Support and maintenance.